Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Project_1_Reflective


     Firstly, while researching cityscapes I have discovered a love for the artist: Piranesi.  His depictions of architecture, while emotionally morose, are grand and beautiful.  He has a penchant for turning the real and the impressive into something even more grand and humbling.  As for the interview with Joe Sanabria and Brian Menze, I couldn’t relate much to their perspective in working on Fallout: New Vegas, they are of course far and above my skills in 3D art in terms of color and design; though it was interesting to have insight into their duties and creative mind.  The question: “were there unexpected discoveries” rang terribly true to me.  Something as simple as a 2d triangular roof becomes awfully difficult when attempting it in 3D.
     I feel that my best final image is the Temple Antonio Faustina copy of Piranesi’s work.  Oddly, at the beginning I thought that this would be the most difficult; yet working on the other two proved to be far more difficult even though they were apparently more simple images.  The trouble came with the perspective and ratio sizes of the columns and buildings.  To be frank, I’m terribly new to 3D imaging so I “dove into the internet” and sought out cityscapes I could possibly re-create; again I did discover a fascination with Piranesi.  Then I re-examined some old loves of mine from anime such as Miyazaki, Ghost in the Shell and Akira.
     To be forthright I was not attempting to evoke any emotional responses from my imagery, I was really just attempting to become comfortable with the program in terms of hotkeys and navigation (Command-D Command-D Command-D, etc… as you say)  but it was productive to that effect.  The interview was- in summary- an interesting insight into an established artist’s creative insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment